Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Back in Action

Alright, Boys and Girls. I'm back to blogging. But, more importantly, I'm back to training. Yeah, things went downhill about 2 years ago. I was dating someone and I slacked off. Lost all the muscles and most of my tone. So from now on, if I date a girl, I CAN'T slack off. I'm making that a promise.

So yeah, this blog is going to become a Martial Arts only blog that I'm going to host here on Blogger and over on Facebook via links. It's just a little tool to let people know whats going on Martial Arts wise with me. All posts dealing with training will have the JKD stamp and others that are about other Martial Arts related stuff will be unmarked. I think I might add a little on nutrition on here too.

On with the show. I've decided to change up my routine. I'm going with a modified exercise schedule similiar to the one that I was doing when I took Jeet Kune Do in 2006. Sifu James was crazy so I took out the old school chinese exercises that caused more harm than good. I replaced it with Body conditioning exercises that are a little modern and proven to increase stamina. Here it is. Hopefully, someone sees this and could use it for their purposes.


Independent Training Schedule------Days: M/W/F/S

9:00AM ------ Wake up, Stretch and daily essentials-Breakfest, Bathroom, Protein Intake, Vitamins, Chinese Medicine and Quick meditation

9:30AM ------ Stretch and jog at the park or do route A. (Jog to the Highschool and back)
-10 minute stretch and rest
-20 Minutes on Jogging

10:00AM ------ Body Conditioning --- Iron Tao, Pushups, Pullups, Chinups and Abs workout
-50 knuckle pushups
-25 chin ups
-10 pull ups
-40 crunches and situps 
-Gradually increase all repetitions by 10 every 2 weeks to max of 80
-Skip rope

11:00AM ------ Kicks and Strikes (Bagwork, shadow boxing, etc.)
-60 Kicks(side kick, Round kick, and back kick)
-60 Punches(Boxing, Kenpo and Open palm Strikes)

11:30AM ------ Internal Martial Art Conditioning-Meditation, Practice forms, QiGong, etc.
  -10 minute meditation
  -10 minutes shadowboxing (Seperated by 3 minute rounds with x2 30 second breathers.)

NOON ----- Water break (Food, Social, Whatever)

12:15 - fourty five minutes of working on something that needs work. Free Time. (If I get a partner, Grappling practice.)

Saturday Only ---12:00PM ------ Technique training and Body Conditioning w/partner (Mitts, physical body conditioning, kicking shield, etc.))

No comments:

Post a Comment