Sunday, March 7, 2010

1st Training Journal....

I decided to write training entries to remind myself of my progress since I'm pretty forgetful. =P

Training Journal #1

Alright, I've done it. I've been hitting this Mariwaka board for two days straight or so and I busted my hands up pretty bad. It's a normal process but it hurts. LOL. I mean It's bleeding and everything. I guess using my Dit Dat Jow for Wing Chun and Choy Li Fut to deaden my hands before training helped me bypass my pain threshold.

Flexability wise, I need work. I'm going to buy a stretching machine to do full splits sooner or later.

Strength wise, I'm a heavy hitter until I get winded, I need to control my strength and increase my stamina via heavier cardio.

Energy wise, I've been able to control my Chi easier then when I was in Chinese Kenpo. Mostly because of mental conditioning I've been putting myself throuhgh. My punch and kicks have more snap and less hesistation and that is probably a side effect of my mental tweaking.

Body conditioning Via Shinai is working out well. I'm going to get Tucker to help me with heavier hits since I can only hit myself so hard with half the stick. The bruises from last session are already gone but some pain still lingers in my forearm.

Kensei

No comments:

Post a Comment