Thursday, March 11, 2010

Training Journal #2

Training Journal #2

I got one thing to say first, Screw Burpees. After 10 my wrists started that whole numbness sensation I got with normal pushups. So I tried doing them with a closed fist like I do with Karate pushups. It didn't work, I couldn't get enough lift, probably because my hands hurt from the Makiwara training. But, back to burpees, The last thing I want to do is damage my wrists so I can't use them for leading a counter for my opponents punch. So I'll hold off. Oh yeah, here's a lesson. If you do pushups, use push up bars or do them on your knuckles. It's bad for your wrist to support too much weight.

I'm punching this Makiwara board to death. There is a big gray spot on it from my punching. LOL. It's still firm but, WHOA. It looks like I'm actually putting alot of effort into this. My wounds are healing up nicely but I'm damaging my training by overdoing it. Gotta cut back. LOL.

Jumping squats are hard. I never thought it would be hard to do such an exercise. I'm having trouble keeping the pattern down. I'll just have to keep doing it until I get it right.

Stretching is a pain in the butt. My knee injury is definately getting in the way here. When try to stretch my leg, it refuses to cooperate.

Technique wise. I'm sticking to honing what I do know and restricting anymore techniques until I master what I know now. Master the quality of what I know rather then the quality.

Because I seriously damaged my wrists doing the burpees I moved Shinai conditioning to saturday before Jay's party.

Kensei

No comments:

Post a Comment