Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Zone...

I realize something. I have truckloads of passion but there was something missing. During my thoughts and meditations while training I searched for it. What was missing. Whats so important that It's eluding me. What is one of the cornerstones of a successful martial artist. As I was going down the list and memories, One popped in my head in particular. I need to get in the Zone. That place where there is only me and my opponent. One could compare this with focus but Focus is just a part of it. I guess being in the zone could be compared with No-mindedness in a fight. When you fight de-attached and everything comes naturally and efficiantly. Time to train my mind harder. For this, I'm going to need to go back to a Dojo and spar someone strong and I mean strong. I mean at least a second degree blackbelt who's not rusty or knows his stuff extensively. It's not about winning or beating him, it's about taking apart conquering my own mind and impulses.

No comments:

Post a Comment